How to change your Apple ID email address. It’s possible to change the email address associated with your Apple ID, as used by Apple’s iTunes and iCloud services.
How to change your Apple ID email address
If you’re closing down the email address associated with your Apple ID, you’ll need to update your Apple account details with your new address. This will then be the email address you use to log into your iPhone or iPad, plus iTunes, the App Store and iCloud. Your account will still be the same (and you’ll retain all your old app and music purchases), but it will be linked to your newer email address.
Change your Apple ID step-by-step
- Go to Apple’s Manage My Account page and sign in with your current Apple ID and password. If you have two-factor authentication set up, then you may need to enter the code sent to your smartphone to confirm a secure login.
- Under Account, click Edit then click Change Apple ID.
- Enter your new email address and click Continue. A verification code will be emailed to your new email address. Find this, then enter it to complete the process. Click Done to finish.
Separately, you may wish to change the Notification email address you’ve set up as an additional security measure (for instance, if you forget your login details and prompt Apple to send them to another nominated email address).
Recommend : The Top 5 Tactics Email Marketing for Bloggers
This is a separate email address to your main Apple ID one. If this is presently set as an old email account that you are now closing, then you’ll need to update it to a newer one.
Change your Apple security notification email
You’ll only need to do this step if the security notification email account you’ve set up uses an old email address that you are closing down.
- On Apple’s Manage My Account page, scroll down to the Security section and click on the Edit button.
- Scroll down to Notification Email and click Edit Email Address. Enter a new notification email address, then click Continue.
- A verification code will be sent to your chosen email address. Enter this in the boxes provided. Your notification email address will now be changed.
More Tips here..